OT Services Group is a registered Complex Home Modification provider!
We provide comprehensive assessment for structural and complex home modification which may help you to access your home more safely or to accommodate mobility equipment such as a wheelchair or commode in the home.
We work to the Australian Standards alongside approved architects & tradespeople to help make this process timely and stress free, & to ensure a high standard of work.
We can help to install a ramp, railing or step platform to access your home more safely; or we can advise on bathroom fixtures or structural modifications within the home.
Complex Home Modifications in 5 easy steps!
We will come to you and complete an initial home assessment with a project manager of your choice & submit a report with recommendations and scope of works to NDIS as agreed with you.
Our CHMA will write a detailed report clinically justifying your needs within the NDIS Guidelines; review the proposed Scope of Works with you & once agreed, lodge the final application with NDIS.
NDIS will review the application & advise you on the outcome. They may contact your CHMA to get further information. If approval is not given, NDIS will provide reasons & any next steps required.
Once approved, your selected Project Manager will work with you to coordinate the build & as per the detailed Scope of Works.
Once complete, your CHMA will arrange to visit with you again & sign off on the CHM. If there are any issues identified then these will be taken back to the Project Manager to be resolved before sign off!
Why choose OT Services Group?
Our Complex Home Modification services & our practitioners have years of experience successfully gaining approval and funding for well-planned and carefully considered home modifications under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). Our service has been pivotal in developing the area of Complex Home Modifications in WA, having provided minor and major complex home modifications over the past 40 years and under the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). We also assisted in initially developing the Complex Home Modifications service at Fiona Stanley Hospital (in 2014) and were selected as one of the few initial Complex Home Modification providers for NDIS during it's trial implementation in WA in 2015.
How do we help?
The process takes time and requires close collaboration between our OT, yourself, and the Project Manager. The success of the application is largely dependent on the information put forward & our Complex Home Modification Assessors (CHMA) have a detailed understanding of the NDIS Guidelines and requirements, as well as the Australian Standards. Our CHMAs will guide you through the process and help you understand each step, ensuring the process is timely and stress free, & a high standard of work completed.
What do we do?
Your Complex Home Modification Assessor (CHMA) will:
- Come and meet you and your family to learn more about your needs
- Complete the initial home assessment at a time that is convenient
- Complete the NDIS report (using the required CHM report template)
- Review with you the Project Managers Scope of Works for the proposed modifications and/or equipment script
- Source any quotes from builders, contractors and equipment suppliers not cover in the proposed Scope of Works
- Work closely with you to understand the proposed Scope of Works (draft) and CHM Application for your approval prior to submitting to the NDIS
- Submit the application to the NDIS and other stakeholders involved in your care
- Answer any additional questions the NDIS have regarding the Scope of Works and recommendations
- Liaise with the Project Manager throughout the building process
- Provide a final (follow up) consultation to review the modifications and ensure a high standard of work has been completed and that there are no issues or further limitations.
- We will liaise with your selected Project Manager & NDIS to resolve any further needs or adjustments.